24 March 2008

Joyeuses Pâques!

Happy Easter, all! Though it wasn't the Easter I was used to [no basket:( no egg-dying:( no family:( no ham:(], I had a great Easter weekend with les Jeunes Adultes (known in the U.S. as Young Single Adultes, who are ages 18-30 and go to the LDS church) from all over France and French-speaking Belgium and Switzerland. This conference has been a loooong time coming. The J.A.s in the Paris Institute (which includes me) have been practicing 17 kajillion songs to sing for it basically since the day I stepped off the plane. So yeah, it went well! The opening song was in English and the rest were in French. Quite powerful they were. This crazy boy from Nice played all these elaborate renditions of hymns on the piano, which he made up on the spot. All you had to do was tell him what song to play and he'd play it, times 1000!

There were a ton of people there! From the south of France (Cannes, Nimes, Montpellier, etc.) to Geneva to Alsace to Bretagne. And MYLO WAS THERE!! Yeah, I've talked about him before. Since we last hung out in Paris, he'd traveled to Germany and the south of France with his work, and he was able to make it to Nogent (outside of Paris, where this conference was held) this weekend! This kid makes me so happy, not even kidding! He's insane! Unfortunately I was lazy and didn't take any pictures of the whole weekend. So there was a speech given by my director, Dr. Welch, and a dance Saturday night. So us Americans started dancing when the lights went off. Thought it was normal. But no one else was dancing. I just assumed French people were lame partiers. Then about 3 hours later all the French people started dancing. By the time I was ready to leave, they were just getting started. I must take note of this for the future...

Sunday I went back to Nogent for Church and lunch and then we had our whole big Easter presentation. Today we had a scavenger hunt around Paris (basicaly a way for those who had never been to Paris to see the city). I hung out with a kid named Nelson who comes from Montpellier (down south). He was actually baptized about a year and a half ago by none other than Mylo! I thought that was awesome. Nelson is now preparing to serve a mission himself.

So now I'm sitting in my room, NOT doing homework, which I should. The apartment is a chaos of Michel grandchildren so it's kind of hard to get anything done. Speaking of Michel, everything's fine in that department now! Madame and I have come a long way since that post I wrote what seems like a century ago. My mom was right: some things have to get worse before they get better. Now we stay up late together watching chick flicks and playing MASH and eating cookie dough!! Kidding.

No comments: