So tourist season has officially begun. I am so lucky to have been here during winter: when French live their normal day in/day out life and there's like 5 total tourists. I got pretty used to it. And I feel like one of them, quite honestly. I have a daily routine. I grocery shop. I have my favorite bakeries and they recognize me. I study in neighborhood parks. I live the French life! So when all these loud Americans and Brits started showing up I was like, "get out of my town!" Territorial, I know, but I can't help it! I have exactly 2 weeks left here:( Then one week down south and I'm done! For shame!
AAAAHHH! So I went to a FRANCE VS. ENGLAND SOCCER GAME last night! It was freaking BOMB! Le Stade de France (the stadium) is absolutely gigantic and is celebrating its 10 year anniversary this year. A group of us decorated white t-shirts and spelled out F-R-A-N-C-E. I was F. Myself, R (Rochelle), and A (Emma) were walking around the stadium and, no joke, 7 different guys came up to us to ask if they could take a picture with us! Some French, some English, one Palestinian...I realized that female attendance was a rarity. Football spectatorship is definitely male-dominated. So France won, 1-0. And Beckham was there! I was within yards of DAVID BECKHAM!! Oh yeah, and our seats were right perfect. On my way home at like midnight, I got stopped by the RATP (metro police), but only because one of the officers wanted to compliment me on my completely rad pro-France get-up! Allez les bleus! (what everyone cheers for France at the games).
Moi, Rochelle, and Emma.First random drunk fools to jump in one of our photos.
Stade de France, before the game.
No comments:
Post a Comment