27 April 2008

Ciao Bella!

AAAAHH I wrote this hecka long post all about Barcelona and Cinque Terre, Italy and then the Internet died and I lost it. SO.......i'll give the brief, but if you want to know anything else, just ask me. There's many a good story;)

So Barc was INCREDIBLE. I stayed 2 nights at a girl named Stania's apartment and 2 nights with a girl named Paola. Hahaha Paola didn't speak a word of English so communicating with her was hilarious! I started remembering all these random, useless Spanish words that I just grew up hearing in S. California. We had a blast though! I also met some great people at church. Jason from New Zealand led us on a wild goose chase around Barcelona at midnight and then went to Sitges with us the next morning. Sitges is a day trip from Barc; known for its pretty beaches. Ross is from Scotland and equally awesome. He served as my personal translator and took me and Eurah and Emily (my travel companions for the moment) to Montjuic.

From Barc we BARELY caught our night train to Milano, Italy. And by barely, I mean that Eurah LITERALLY showed up to the train station 40 seconds before the train pulled out. We had to run and jump onto the first possible car, which happened to be 1st class. Luckily the stewardess lady was understanding. Most thrilling thing that happened during that 24-hour period.

Cinque Terre was gorgeous. It's made up of 5 small, picturesque fishing towns along the the Italian Riviera. Finally a break from cathedrals and museums---just nature! We hiked the length of the villages, right along the coast, and hung out at the beaches. And met the typical Italian boys who think they are God's gift to women. Our hostel was more like an apartment. Balcony with view of the ocean, our own kitchen and our own bathroom. Sooooo nice.

I'm in Florence right now. Emily's friend Vivienne has met up with us. We're headed to Siena in the morning.

No comments: