18 April 2008

The beginning of the legit Euro Trip

WHOA! I'M IN SPAIN! AHHHH SO MUCH UPDATING TO DO!

So the last week of my semester was spent in the south of France. We stayed in apartments in Aix-en-Provence. Emma, Rochelle, Diane, and I shared one together and we made spaghetti with chicken tomatoes and basil for dinner one night and ate it on our balcony! Oh so perfect. The south is seriously gorgeous! I can't believe I wasted all that time in Paris when I could have been along the French Riviera, with friendly people, sunny weather, the ocean, and brightly-colored buildings. We took day trips each day, some of which including Cannes, Arles, Grasse, and Cassis. The day we went to Arles, we also went to some river (I can't believe I don't know what river it was...Geography 260 was obviously a bust) and went kayaking! Rowing along, we passed fishermen and castle ruins. There's so much more to say, but I don't have much time.

Right now I'm sitting in my hostel in Barcelona, which I'm no long allowed to stay at. They informed us (myself and my friend Eurah, who I'm traveling with for a couple weeks) this morning that there was no room for us this weekend, and seriously every other hostel in this city is booked. So we called the LDS church and thankfully they hooked us up with someone! Local flava. Ew last night was awkward. We shared our hostel room with 10 other German/Middle Eastern men who were hairy and foul-smelling. Needless to say I had marvelous dreams last night, as I slept with my phone, my bra, and my beloved Chacos under my pillow. Blessing in disguise that we can't stay here anymore? Quite possibly.

I ventured on top of some Guadi buildings today and saw the Las Ramblas area.

I gotta go. Sorry I don't have pictures of the south of France. I dumped them all on my computer, which Diane took back with her to the States. Imagine the beautiful Mediterranean, palm trees, and orange and yellow and peach-colored buildings atop lush green hills.

No comments: