Hey hey from Austria! Last week I parted ways with Emma in Berlin---she went back to the U.K. and I went to Vienna. I stayed there for a few days. Honestly, it wasn´t that great. I don´t know, I´ve seen cooler cities. It was too played up for tourists I think. The bazillion fake Mozarts walking around, the horse-drawn carriages...
For the past 4 days I have been in Innsbruck, in the western part of Austria, pretty close to Italy. I LOVE IT HERE! So much more my style. It´s a charming Alpine villages surrounded by mountains and low-hanging clouds. I went to church on Sunday and met some great people, including Julia Debiasi, my friend Monica´s older sister who goes to the University here in Innsbruck. Later that night after church I hung out with a bunch of students. I also met an awesome couple who I´ve been rooming with at my B&B---Jamison and Autumn from N. California. They´ve been on a complete world tour since January. Every night we rock out, them with their guitars and me with the egg shaker, haha---on the balcony. Yesterday the 3 of us went hiking and definitely got lost, but it was fun. Felt like a true Austrian roaming them mountains. Tomorrow I meet up with my parents in Salzburg for a few days before I rendezvous with Katie in Munich! From there, I will have 3 weeks left. AAAHHH! Crazy. It´s been so long, but I never want to come home. I´m not sick of wearing the same 5 shirts and living out of a backpack. I´m way too comfortable. I could seriously do this for the rest of my life. This IS the life!
Sarah's Eurotrip '08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment