02 March 2008

C'est genial, ca!

I went to the Pompidou today after church because it's free the first Sunday of each month (my Art Card fails me here). It's literally right across the street from my church. DID YOU KNOW that the Pompidou is more visited than the Louvre? Well it is. Anyway, Marco, Monique, and this guy named Milo (who I met today at church) and I checked out all the crazy modern art, including Duchamp's "Fontaine"---the upside down urinal. I like it. Don't judge me.

So let me just tell you, I had a SUPER weekend. No really, it was super. Friday I went to Pere Lachaise Cemetery where the greats like Chopin, Moliere, Seurat, Jim Morrison (don't exactly know why), and Oscar Wilde are burried. For some reason everyone kisses Oscar Wilde's tombe, leaving a hot pink lip print. So Emma and I, who just so happen to carry around outrageously pink and red lip color, spread the love. Afterwards, we were PLANNING on going to a movie but we got kinda separated somewhere between the cemetery and getting lunch. My friend Summer and I wandered around Chatelet (crazy area close to my school) looking at cheap shoes and eating cheap crepes. Neither of us had the address of the cinema, but with combined wit and street saavy, we actually got there in time for the movie. I was proud. Unfortunately the others weren't as saavy. So no movie. Oh well.

Ok Monique just called me and they're making crepes. I must go. I'll finish this discours later. Here's a couple pictures...








No comments: