16 January 2008

Ticking Away The Moments That Make Up A Dull Day

Since I don't leave until the 25th, this hecka-long Christmas break of mine has been mostly me just tooling around, trying to kill time. I got sucked into the Model-thon on Bravo and TeVo'd all the Passport to Europe episodes on the Travel Channel. That Samantha Brown is one crazy mother. She cracks dumb jokes which the locals never do seem to get.

I tried getting a visa for France. Well that was a trip to Hell and back. The day they "sort of" rejected me (they want me to come back to the consulate this week) I boycotted everything French. Luckily the Red Robin's menu said "steak" fries.

2008 started out with an uneventful New Year's, but progressed when my best friend from middle school, Traci, got married on the 5th. Well, progress for her I guess, but it sucked for me. I cried. And not with joy. Ok ok ok it wasn't that bad, but after the reception I was taking a nostalgic walk down memory lane and it
saddened me to think that we're growing up way too fast. I'm happy for Traci though. And I was really happy when I was sitting with my friend Susan at her bridal shower and when Traci held up her gift from Susan---black sequined spanky lingerie---in front of a small crowd of modest old ladies, the general comment was, "Oh....that's nice." HAHAHA.
I just got back from Sandpoint where I stayed with Emma and was enlightened every morning by her mom, who has a book and/or small rock to answer any question on your mind. Emma thinks her mom is off her rocker, but if Diane Miller ever starts a church, I might have to join it.

As is tradition, Emma, Emily, and I dressed up, had a photo shoot, and went to dinner. Then we INFILTRATED Krabs' house and played a rousing game of Scategories. Then had another photo shoot.

2 comments:

Me said...

"steak" fries.. haha. I think my favorite picture is the "hidden" one. I love your writing, it reminds me of all those random sticky notes you left on my bed with repeated candy from Halloween.

emily said...

i like how you put on of the most unflattering pictures of me EVER on here. of course it is the group shot, and everyone else looks decent. so i will have to just suck it up. and i also like the pink floyd title