So continuing with my super cool weekend...Saturday morning Diane and I took the bus to Iena, which is 2 stops away on the metro. We wanted to take the bus so we'd have an above-the-ground perspective of our neighborhood. It was great! And I realized everything is a lot closer than I thought it was. I probably could walk there in 10 minutes. At Iena (just the name of the street) was this open-air market that had all the stands of fresh, home-grown, home-made, home-caught things you could ask for: breads, cheeses, meats, seafood, herbs, clothes, jewelry, flowers, etc. The guy at the pita booth flirted with me while I ordered some lunch and then proceded to ask me out. This is now the 3rd Frenchie who has asked me out, so unlike the the first time, I know exactly what to say and still come off nice. You learn just the right expressions that reject them, but make you seem mysterious, so they really don't care. It's great.
Afterwards we met up with some girls and went to the Bois de Boulogne, which is just past my apartment. We walked along the Seine with an awesome view of the Eiffel Tower. Have I already talked about the Bois? I don't remember. Well it's this fantastic wood that used to be a royal hunting grounds but is now a recreational area with woods of course, 2 lakes where people of all ages are racing their toy sail boats or canoeing, jogging trails, a horse race track, a pretty view of the Eiffel Tower, soccer fields, etc.
The day ended with me babysitting for a lady from church who has 2 cute little boys, one of whom looks exactly like Matthew, my brother, used to look. And his name is Matthew.
I'll put up some more pictures...






No comments:
Post a Comment